Associate Producer / Writer, Originals – Fox -404165
Full Time Job
Fox News Digital is looking for an Associate Producer/Writer, Originals to join our growing team. In this role, you will help drive editorial, book and interview big newsmakers, and coordinate coverage with other sections on the Digital team. You should have strong news judgment and a clear understanding of the Fox audience. You should be proactive in quickly responding to breaking news while also working on longer-term projects. You can handle a fast-paced environment and are hungry to chase news and break stories.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat: 6 am-2 pm or 2 pm-10 pm ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write and/or copyedit scripts, headlines, and copy
• Conceptualize and execute original and exclusive reporting, including long-term projects when possible and conducting interviews
• Gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
• Edit video interviews
• Cover a range of video content including breaking news headlines, enterprise, and features
• Collaborate with FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com editors to develop related video story ideas
• Use real-time reporting tools and analytics
• Publish videos using our content management systems
• Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 2 years of experience in news, TV, or daily video
• Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, politics, business, and viral content
• Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven capability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’
• A positive and collaborative attitude
• Be a self-starter with a strong news judgment and be a team player who is willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
• Must have ”on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions; flexibility and ability to work some holidays, weekends, or shift changes as required
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor of Arts/Science degree or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator
• Familiarity and experience with various video production formats for mobile and social media platforms including square, vertical, and 360 video
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.