Coordinator, Copyright Administration – Universal Music Group -400896
Full Time Job
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is a leading global music publisher with more than 51 offices in 41 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
We are seeking a bilingual Spanish/English coordinator of copyright administration in our Miami office to join our Latin music team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for registering new songs into our database and will have experience processing large amounts of data. The candidate will be an analytical self-starter who is able to manage tight deadlines while exerting great judgment with discretion and confidentiality.
This dynamic role serves as a liaison between our songwriters, artists, producers, their managers and attorneys, and our various departments that facilitate administrative functions (Copyright, Licensing, Digital, Film & TV, Royalties, Business Affairs and Finance). The candidate will also liaise with US and Latin American offices and will be someone who can take on more responsibilities as they get established in the role. This will be a great opportunity for someone who can manage the day-to-day workload and be motivated to identify ways to innovate processes.
How you’ll CREATE:
• You will contact our writers and publishing clients to request delivery of new song information and register these new songs into our system. You’ll research incomplete song data and liaise with our A&R department as needed to finalize registrations.
• You will review the song schedules of newly signed writers for accuracy and will research song status at the databases of the PROs to ensure registrations are correct.
• You will assist in resolving song disputes and overclaims with clients and external parties.
• You will create, maintain, and update song delivery lists for writers’ catalogs and review songwriter contracts for fulfillment status.
• You will maintain our client roster and update their contact information.
• Onboard new clients and help them navigate our royalty portal, UMPG Window.
• Answer external and internal song inquiries; routinely send information to our mechanical licensing, film & TV licensing, digital, copyright and global administration departments.
• Assist the department with administrative duties as required.
Bring your VIBE:
• Bilingual: fluent in English and Spanish with impeccable oral and written communication skills, including translation skills.
• Must possess meticulous and exceptional attention to detail, especially with numbers (math aptitude).
• Proficient at entering large amounts of data in spreadsheets and skilled in Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), with strong Internet research capabilities.
• Customer service-oriented: polite and courteous manner, strong interpersonal skills for interacting with stakeholders at all levels, both internally within UMPG and externally with our clients and the music marketplace in general.
• Analytical problem solver in a fast-paced environment.
• Cooperative and enthusiastic team player and collaborator. Organized and calm under pressure, strong project management skills, able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects within short turnaround times.
• Ability to learn quickly, maintain focus, and be resourceful in resolving roadblocks.
• Takes responsibility and ownership of tasks exhibiting excellent follow-through.
• A love and deep understanding of Latin music.
• 0-1 years of experience (basic understanding of music publishing a plus).
• AA or higher preferred.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ”Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.